Monday, July 4, 2011

my gray....

As I continue to grow my gray out, I find myself ultra sensitive when someone casts a judgement on a woman that they see from afar as old because of their gray or white hair.  Gets me thinking...will they see me as old?  I'll only be 54 when this grow out is complete. I have always felt pride about my youthfulness.  Maybe such pride is what it is...pride.  Aren't we taught that being too proud can verge on being boastful? With whatever else that I'll go through during this process, this will also be a lesson in humility for me. 

I'm still journeying....I'm still not sure how my hair will be. Will I have dark with a sprinkling of white...with some streaks of white?  Will it be more white that I think....or less?  Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment