Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One more cut to go...

When I had my hair cut short in California in October, I had only the slight notion that I would really enjoy having short hair.  I really love it, though.  I'm wondering if I'll grow it long again.  I'm thinking that I will just because I'm curious about how the gray will look in a longer style.  I can always cut it short again.

So, I have only one more cut to go before all the color is cut off.  It was only May that I decided to stop coloring and if I hadn't cut it off, I'd still have a ways to go.  I do believe cutting it was the best option for me.  I couldn't handle the skunk look.  

My journey....from May, 2011 to now...

Here's my hair pre-decision at its longest....


This was the day that I decided to begin blogging about going gray....Day one...


 Then I decided to get a sassy cut...this cut was fun...

This is when I discovered a nice streak.  I still wasn't sure of just how much gray I have... 


This was the picture that made me consider short hair....I just didn't like the skunk stripe...or my haircut

Here's my first short cut that I got in California in October....I really loved it!!!


 The day after my cut at the beach in California with my grandson.


So, now I needed to find a stylist out here....I found her!!!  Here's my second short cut...loving it!!


As my journey continued, I found that I was not as gray as I thought I was.  In today's picture, I can't even see the gray.  Here's a top picture wear it's a little more apparent that I have gray.  That's my "streak", but the gray is lightly peppered (or salted) throughout.


Curly time...and time for work....



I see more and more women taking the chance and letting their gray shine.  It could be that I notice it more too.  Are you next???
Next post will be when I am color free....

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. I decided last week, July 9, to stop coloring my hair. that was after having to reschedule (and still not make) my June coloring appointment. I am interested in how others did this and I like your story. You look great, btw, I like your confidence.

    ReplyDelete