Friday, February 3, 2012

Decision has been made....

No, I'm not planning on coloring my hair.  I've decided today that I'm going to grow my hair longer again.  Once again I let my big brother get to me.  He told me that a picture I posted on Facebook made me look like I was in my 60s.  I'm just a little over 5 years away from that number, but I really didn't think that I look it.  Maybe I'm starting to look my age.  

Anyway, that comment did get me to update the after picture to a more flattering one.  I first one that I posted was kind of a test of my vanity.  No makeup...wrinkles and all.  I was doing ok...till today.  

Here's today's picture...
This was taken tonight after work.

Here's the after picture from the original post.
Okay, so my winkles show...I am 54. 

I sent today's picture to my brother and asked him, "better?"  His response, "You want the truth?"  Oh well...what can a sister do?

My decision wasn't made because of my brother's comment, though.  While looking through my pictures to decide what to post, I saw pictures of me with long hair.  Granted, my hair was dyed to a darker color, but still, I liked the length.  So, now my blog will record my grow-out...with the gray.  


1 comment:

  1. Cathy, I think you look great! I'm sure your brother loves you, but I'm not sure he's the right person to share this journey with if he can't be positive or supportive. Men get very uncomfortable with aging too, and it sounds from his comments like it's a real issue for him.
    You seem so happy with your choice EXCEPT when you talk to him about it. I would find others to share with and hang on to being excited and happy!

    ReplyDelete